Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Digital Asset?
Digital Assets or marketing assets are your organization's images, documents, illustrations, logos, presentations and videos.
- What is a Digital Asset Management System?
Digital Asset Management Systems or "DAM" software is a software solution used by organizations of all sizes in every industry to organize, save, and distribute their multi-channel marketing materials.
- What's the difference between a database and a Digital Asset Management System?
Databases are collections of information. They can include marketing assets and customer information but are typically limited in their scope and functionality. Digital Asset Management Systems are specialized, powerful software tools which help to organize, retrieve, and distribute all of an organization's marketing assets more efficiently than a traditional database.
- Who Needs a Digital Asset Management System?
Digital Asset Management used to be reserved for large, global corporations, in recent years marketing resource management systems or digital asset management systems have become invaluable to business of all sizes in every industry to help manage brand marketing standards and permit local customization of marketing materials for increased effectiveness.
- How do I choose the right system for my business?
Research potential vendors and their software to identify the right balance of power, flexibility and cost that best suits your needs. Here are some key features to consider when evaluating asset management systems:
- Will the system integrate with my existing software?
- Can my marketing materials be customized by local area managers?
- Are there user specific controls and approvals for changed files?
- Does they system integrate with printing & production capabilities?
- Is it easy to use for everyone in my organization?